Saturday, January 16, 2010

I HATE Computer Problems!

My New and Wonderful Followers, I am having a horrible time with my HP! I am having to "Recover" my whole computer and It is so not fun! UGH! I don't know how or why this is happening to me...well not true! I..yes,me..I'm always fussing at my kids about downloading stuff and then I go and do it...Oh Man!!

I downloaded the "Make Yourself Into A Cartoon" from Facebook and I didn't like it. It had a tool bar with it, that I didn't like either, so I uninstalled it! No problem right? Wrong? When I uninstalled the program my whole computer changed! The font was too small , the graphics were all wrong and it was acting strange! I love to play Pogo and even my pogo mini looked weird, even for me! The pages weren't loading right and lots of my goodies were missing!

So, as any Mom would do, I tried to"fix" it! I tried to Restore and couldn't. I tried to set things back to the Default, but that didn't work either. I called HP and asked for help, but found out my warranty had expire ..last month! Plus, I didn't have any Disc's because this computer has Vista and I was supposed to "back" them up, which I never got around to doing either! UGH!!!!

So....I had to order and pay for recovery disc, buy an extended warranty and redo all of my "stuff!" Well I'm sure you know after a while, you can accumulate a lot of "stuff!' It has been a long 2 days! At least we are back safely online...I hope!

Hopefully, I can get back in a groove next week. Have a wonderful MLK Holiday!

                                                                          




Ms. Laura
                                                                

1 comment:

  1. Uhh! I hate computer problems too! That is why I bought a MAC! I loved the idea of not getting a virus. I love having lots of programs open at one time without crashing or stalling. I especially love my one to one, where I go into the MAC store and get tutoring on anything I want to know, like editing my photos, creating a movie or even building my own website. I'm hooked!

    I'm glad you're back up and running...consider joining the MAC world with me:)

    ReplyDelete